This is my mum’s pizza dough recipe – it is very simple and makes a good pizza base. I posted it here because it was floating around the kitchen on a piece of scrap paper, and I thought it might get lost.
– some yeast
– a teaspoon of sugar
– bit of salt
– 500g of plaiin flour
– 1/4 cup of olive oil
1. mix the yeast with a little bit of warm warm water (~ 1/4 cup) until it froths.
2. combine the yeast mixture with the flour, salt, the olive oil and a cup of water.
3. knead this mixture for 5 minutes, until it is nice and smooth. add some flour if it is too runny.
4. leave the dough to rise fo about half an hour in a lightly oiled bowl (put a little bit of oil on the dough as well, to stop it drying out).
5. knead the dough again, roll it out in some more flour.
6. once you have applied the desired toppings, cook it quickly in a hot oven.